Understanding Italian elections 2018
Italy will go to vote on March 4, 2018, for a new parliament under a new law, Rosatellum bis, in a parallel voting system, which acts as a mixed system.
The Senate of the Republic has 315 elected members
- 116 Directly elected in single-member districts.
- 193 Regional proportional representation.
- 6 are elected by the Italians abroad.
- Senators-for-life include former presidents of the Republic and several other persons appoi nted for life by a president of the Republic - no more than 5 . The Senate is elected on a single ballot.
The Chamber of Deputies had 630 members
- 232 are directly elected in single member districts.
- 386 are elected by national proportional representation.
- 12 are elected by the Italians abroad.
|Italian elections - lower house [Al Jazeera]|
Source: Al JazeeraSource: Google News Italy | Netizen 24 Italy